If you have ever done a home renovation or know someone who has, then you know how quickly all of these components can add up. This piece is here to provide you with kitchen remodel estimates (specific to the Mid-Atlantic and South-Atlantic regions) to help guide you as you plan out your own kitchen remodel.
Kitchen Remodeling in NJ & PA
Are you preparing for a kitchen remodel in the great state of New Jersey or Pennsylvania? Here is some information specific to your area to give you a realistic financial expectation before you begin. The figures provided below are 2016 statistics highlighting the average cost for both major and minor kitchen remodels in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Major kitchen remodel = $61,399 (with 62.1% cost recouped)
- Minor kitchen remodel = $20,842 (with 74.7% cost recouped)
Kitchen Remodeling in DE & MD
Are you preparing for a kitchen remodel in the wonderful state of Delaware or Maryland? Here is some information specific to your area to provide you with a realistic financial expectation before the demolition begins. The figures provided below are 2016 statistics highlighting the average cost for both major and minor kitchen remodels in the South-Atlantic region.
- Major Kitchen remodel: $56,901 (64% recouped)
This remodel cost is less than the national average
- Minor kitchen remodel: $18,907 (89.9% recouped)
Areas to Splurge on a Kitchen Remodel
With every home remodel, there will ticket items to spend more money on and areas where you can cut back on costs. Here are our suggestions for areas of your kitchen remodel that you should spend the extra cash on to make the most of your renovation. We guarantee you will be happy that you did!
- Appliances – Since your appliances will be getting the most use in your kitchen, it is important that they are durable and high quality!
- Countertops – Countertops are often a focal point in kitchens. Make sure to invest in a surface that won’t leave marks or chip easily
- Flooring – Choose flooring that will last you a long time and that compliments your choice in cabinetry and countertops
- Installation – Don’t forget about the installation crew! Installation is no easy task and you want to do it right the first time. If you are considering a kitchen remodel in DE, MD, PA, or NJ, the experts over at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center are a great resource. Our company has been satisfying customers with high quality kitchen renovations since 1963!
Broad Budget Breakdown
When considering your budget on a broader spectrum, here is what you can plan for:
- Cabinets, Appliances, Flooring – 50%
- Countertops, Furniture and Fixtures – 25%
- Labor – 25%
Detailed Budget Breakdown
Now taking a look at where you finances are going on a more detailed level, check out these flooring and countertop price estimates that we have generated.
There are many different options when it comes to flooring. Here are a few of the most popular flooring materials and their price range per square foot.
- Hardwood flooring: $7 – $12
- Laminate flooring: $3 – $7
- Vinyl and Linoleum flooring: $2-$5
- Tile flooring: $6 – $7
Choosing the right countertop for your home can be overwhelming. Here is a chart with price estimates per square foot to help make your decision easier! To see samples of these materials, we recommend taking a trip into one of the Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center showrooms.