Living on the beach, whether it’s for the summer or year-round, can be relaxing and fun. And there’s no reason you can’t bring that breezy beach atmosphere into your home too! If you’re thinking about remodeling your beach house kitchen, there are various design elements, materials, and colors that can help bring that ocean feeling into your home so you can fully enjoy your beach house kitchen. And Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center can help! Contact us today for a beach house kitchen remodel in Delaware or Eastern Maryland.
Kitchen Countertop Ideas
It may seem difficult to come up with the best kitchen countertop ideas for your home—simply because there are so many options to choose from. But because you have endless choices, it’s easy for us to customize your kitchen countertops so that they meet all your needs in terms of style and functionality.
Some kitchen countertop ideas to think about include:
- Granite. Granite countertops can give you a natural look and can also be great for a modern kitchen design.
- Marble. White marble countertops tend to be popular because they create natural beauty unlike any other material. However, it’s important to be aware that they require sealing in order to retain that beauty.
- Quartz. Quartz countertops provide a natural stone look, are available in many colors, and are low-maintenance.
To enhance that beach feel, you can add colorful highlights or accent lighting that will make your kitchen countertops pop and provide a breezy oceanside atmosphere. You may also want to include a kitchen island with a sink as a way to maximize your space.
Kitchen Tile Backsplash
Another way to create a casual, fun feeling with your beach house kitchen remodel is to incorporate a tile backsplash into the design. You may want to consider the following kitchen tile backsplash ideas:
- Choose colors and materials that match the rest of your kitchen design.
- Consider porcelain tiles, which are scratch and heat-resistant.
- Install glass tiles, which are perfect for mosaics and easy to clean.
- Create a mosaic with pictures that remind you of the beach.
- Add ocean-like colors such as blue, turquoise, green, yellow, beige, or white to the design.
In addition to adding colors to your kitchen tile backsplash, you may also want to paint the walls in shades of blue, green, or white to make your space look larger and enhance that breezy beach feeling. Colorful vases and other items can also complement your design.