There’s nothing more relaxing than lounging by the beach over the summer—especially if you have a beach house to enjoy. But as you look forward to another summer by the ocean, you may want to think about how you can make the most of your space with a beach house remodel. By creating open and inviting living areas and adding color to your home, you can develop a beach house design that enhances the functionality and aesthetics of your space.
Contact Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center or continue reading to learn more about beach house remodeling in Delaware and Eastern Maryland.
Beach House Kitchen Remodeling
Whether your beach house is your primary residence or a summer vacation home, you’ll probably spend a lot of time in the kitchen. But how can you make the most of your kitchen space and give it a breezy beach feel? Here are some beach house kitchen remodeling tips to get you started:
- Open up your kitchen space. To create a breezy, airy look for your kitchen, install open shelving and multiple windows with views. Consider painting the walls with pastel colors to match the sea or use white to enhance the spacious feeling of the room.
- Use natural wood products or granite countertops. Choose wood cabinets to add warmth and create an earthy, natural look. For a more modern kitchen design, consider marble or granite countertops.
- Consider green kitchen design elements. When you’re creating a natural, inviting kitchen environment, you might want to think about energy-efficient appliances or other green kitchen design features like Timberlake cabinets.
- Add colorful accents. Colorful highlights can dress up your kitchen and enhance the beach-side feel of your home. Consider repeating the same color to highlight various parts of your kitchen, such as the tiles and light fixtures.
You can also combine different style elements and products you love for a custom beach house remodel that suits all your needs. Just ask one of our beach house remodel experts!
Beach House Bathroom Remodeling
The bathroom is another important component of your beach house remodeling project, even if you have a small space. Whether you want a laid-back or high-end bathroom, you can incorporate a modern or traditional bathroom design into your new beach house remodel. Consider the following beach house bathroom remodel ideas:
- Create views from the bath tub. One way to make the most of your beach house bathroom is to install the tub in an area with ocean views. Large windows can help you enjoy the scenery.
- Add a pedestal sink. A pedestal sink design is especially appealing for beach house designs that have smaller bathrooms, as they can make your room appear more spacious.
- Include task and accent lighting. Lighting can also make your room look larger. Choose LED lights for energy efficiency. Recessed and pendant lighting can also enhance the style of the room.
Of course, the design ideas you choose for your beach house bathroom depend on the size of your space. While many beach house bathrooms tend to be small and need pedestal sinks with limited cabinet space in order to flow, you may have more options with a bigger bathroom. One of our experienced designers can assess your space and help you come up with the best plan!