Cabinet refacing, often called “face lifting” can be a time saving, cost-effective alternative to a complete kitchen remodel. During the process of refacing, your existing cabinet doors and drawer fronts are removed, existing cabinet frames and finished ends are wrapped with new wood veneer, and doors and drawer fronts are replaced with the style, wood species, and color of your choice. If you need new drawer boxes, slides, or cabinet hardware, these parts can be replaced as well. All of this is accomplished while your countertops, sink, faucet, and appliances stay in place in normal, everyday working order.
Do You Need to Reface Your Cabinets?
Cabinet refacing is not for everyone. Before making the decision to reface your cabinets, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are your existing cabinets’ boxes in good, sturdy shape? Think of it this way—you would not put a new paint job on a car with a bad engine! Make sure the quality of what you have is worthy of the new finish!
- Are you happy with the layout and functionality of the existing kitchen? Cabinet refacing doesn’t make as much sense if you are not happy with the kitchen as a whole.
- Are you happy with your existing countertops and appliances? Is your floor in good shape? The most expensive part of the cabinets are the doors. Once you remove countertops, appliances, flooring, etc., all that is left are boxes hanging on the wall. Once you go to the effort of replacing these other fixtures, cabinet refacing will not be a cost-effective option!
Benefits of Cabinet Refacing in Delaware
If you meet all of these criteria, there are many benefits of cabinet refacing:
- Cabinet refacing is a fraction of the cost of remodeling an entire kitchen.
- Cabinet refacing is quick and easy! In most cases, the average kitchen can be completed in two to three days (one day is possible for smaller floor plans).
- When refacing, there is minimal disruption to your family’s daily routine. Even while work is being done, you have full use of your sink, countertops, and appliances.
- By refacing your cabinets, you are able to completely transform the appearance and style of your kitchen in a very short period of time. A white kitchen can become cherry. A cherry kitchen can become white.
- Refacing is not just for kitchens! The same process can be applied to bathroom vanities, entertainment centers, laundry rooms, bedroom furniture, and any other cabinet in your home!