The term “modern kitchen” is one that has become both highly desired in design, and more and more muddled as the years go on. Are you looking to design a modern kitchen for your Delaware home, but you’re not quite certain where to start? The experts at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center can help you focus your efforts into designing the ideal modern kitchen of your dreams!
What Is a Modern Kitchen?
If you’d asked the same question 10 or 20 years ago, the answer would have been easy. Modern kitchens of that time were always industrial, cold, and somewhat sterile. And you still wouldn’t be too far off with that answer today. But the term has become more broad, too. Modern is more of an addition rather than an entire dedicated style. You can have a rustic-modern kitchen, where rich wood is used in conjunction with industrial-grade appliances and steel or aluminum backsplashes, for example. Or contemporary-modern kitchens, where sleek design meets inviting, inclusive dining space.
But that lack of a specific definition should be viewed as a boon rather than a burden! Modern kitchens have never been more diverse, making them exceptionally fun and exciting to design. There are, however, some elements that the vast majority of modern style kitchens share. If you plan on designing a modern kitchen, you’ll likely include:
- High-grade appliances. Modern kitchens these days nearly always include top of the line appliances. This often means commercial grade ranges and vent hoods, smart home tech, and a variety of tools for the chef in your home.
- Bold but uniform colors. While modern kitchens place an emphasis on functionality and utility, they don’t typically look as busy as they tend to actually be. Color is often bold, using greens or even black, but is typically backed by steel and aluminum to make the appearance uniform and striking.
- Custom cabinetry. A modern kitchen is built for use, and custom cabinetry is your ideal way to get all of the function you want. Added storage and inset shelving are excellent, and custom cabinetry gives you a luxurious and aesthetically pleasing solution that is built to your exact needs.
- Appealing but durable countertops. Engineered stone is a favorite of modern kitchen design, as it is attractive but more than strong enough to stand up to extensive use and abuse.
- A focus on lighting design. Lighting can make or break a modern kitchen design. There must be plenty of task lighting, but it can’t get in the way of your aesthetic. It can easily make your space look washed-out and uninviting. This is why we recommend working with an experienced professional!
Modern Kitchen Design in Delaware
When you are ready to make your modern kitchen dreams come true, you can rely on our design and build professionals to help you get the best in the business. Contact Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center online to get started on your modern kitchen!