So you’ve decided you want to remodel your kitchen. But where do you begin? With such a big project, you want to be sure you make the best decisions for your space. After all, you spend a lot of time in your kitchen and it’s often a place your guests will see too. Fortunately, we’ve got some tips below that can help you plan a kitchen remodel and make it less overwhelming. You can also schedule a consultation and our remodelers will work with you to plan out your new kitchen design according to your needs!
Planning a Kitchen
The best way to start planning a kitchen remodel project is to consider the purpose of this space and ask yourself some key questions, such as:
- How many people typically use your kitchen?
- Who will be using your kitchen regularly—do you need to account for children, the elderly, or any handicaps?
- What else do you use the room for? Working, studying, having drinks with friends?
- How often do you entertain guests? Do you usually entertain small or large groups?
- What do you need to store in your kitchen and how much space do you need for it?
- How many cooks do you need to accommodate?
Design Your New Kitchen
Now that you’ve answered some important questions about your kitchen remodel, it’s time for the next stage of planning: designing your new kitchen. Consider what type of features you want, the style of elements you like, and your budget requirement to determine the best products to meet your needs. Of course, you’ll want to include the basics:
When you’re choosing materials for these basic products, be sure to think about your requirements for maintenance as well as durability. Some of the questions you answered above—such as who uses your kitchen regularly and how many people use this space—can help you with this. Want to get a little more creative with your new kitchen design? When you’re planning a kitchen remodel, you may want to add some unique features, such as:
- A kitchen island
- A breakfast bar
- A wine bar or wine rack
- A tile backsplash