Filled with food and drinks, the kitchen tends to be a natural gathering place in the home, a hub of activity. If you like to entertain often, it’s especially important that the room design and products are well suited to hosting guests and laid out in a way you’re proud of.
The Best Entertainment Kitchens
When designing kitchens for entertaining, it’s important to consider the size of the room. While you don’t necessarily need a large space to entertain at home, a smaller room will limit the amenities you can have and will need to be laid out smartly to maintain functionality and style. The remodelers at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center can help you remodel kitchens for entertaining, no matter the size! We have also come up with a list of qualities we think comprise the best entertainment kitchens:
- They have sleek appliances. Stainless steel appliances can have a significant impact on the room’s aesthetic and many modern appliances contain special features that make entertaining at home easier. Freezers with ice makers and self-cleaning dishwashers are just two examples.
- They keep beverages and food easily accessible. That means having warming drawers that preserve the temperature of your food and provide guests with better access to it along with wine coolers or open shelving designed to offer mini-bar style access.
- They have open room designs. Open kitchens make the best kitchens for entertainment for more reasons than one. Not only do they allow the chef to socialize while preparing food, but they make it easy to serve guests while you’re putting the finishing touches on a meal. It also opens up the space so that there is more room for a party.
- They have workstations. Creating separate zones in your entertainment kitchen can make it easier to keep your space clean and organized when you’re hosting parties. A beverage and snack area can be built in an easily accessible area with a separate coffee station and a bar area for guests to sit and eat. A separate cleaning zone can help you hide a mess, and a charging station can help your guests keep their phones on and in an easy-to-find location.
- They incorporate space for casual seating and dining. A kitchen island or breakfast bar is effective in providing additional seating space and more casual areas for guests to sit and snack on appetizers during an informal event. Plus, a kitchen island provides the ideal location to host wine coolers and refrigerated beverage stations, additional sinks and faucets, and endless storage space.