- Establish Purpose – What exactly will your home office be used for? If you do most of your work on large computer monitors, then you will need to maximize your space accordingly. No matter what type of work you intend to do in your office, it’s important to give yourself enough space (especially if you plan to use it on a daily basis).
- Consider Style Preferences – when it comes to a home office design in Newark, Bel Air, or Wilmington the aesthetic is just as important as the functionality. You don’t want your room décor to detract from your productivity, but rather promote it. That may mean a minimalist, modern home office design, an L or U shaped desk, and stylish, clean material selections.
- Choose a Location – Choosing a location for your office is very important to your productivity. If you are spending long hours in this space, you will want to choose a spacious area of your home with at least one window to bring in natural light. If you work best in solitude, you may want to strategically put your office in an isolated, quieter area of your home.
- Choose a View – To get your best work done, give yourself a nice view. Try positioning yourself in front of a large window, intricate painting, or even the door. Although if you find these design ideas to be too distraction, situate your desk in front of a blank wall.
- Maximize Light – To cut down on eye strain and headaches, allow as much natural light as possible to flow into the room. If you aren’t able to choose a room with a window, make sure to invest in plenty of lamps.
Check out these additional home office design tips from HGTV >>