Most people tend to think of fall and spring as the best times to start home remodeling—but winter is actually a great time to begin your project, for that exact reason. Since the most popular time for remodeling is from August to November, kitchen and bathroom remodeling contractors have more availability during this time—and manufacturers often run sales on major appliances after the holidays!
So if you need to book your remodeling project around your busy schedule, now’s the time. And if you’re not ready to start home remodeling just yet but the colder weather has left you with some extra time inside the house, this can also be the perfect time to start planning a spring project.
If you live in Delaware Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Maryland, contact us to schedule a consultation—or keep reading to learn more about the benefits of winter remodeling!
Benefits of Winter Remodeling
As we mentioned above, winter remodeling affords you more flexibility in terms of scheduling and may even get you some discounts on your favorite products, among other things. Here’s a deeper look at the many benefits winter remodeling provides:
- Shorter wait times for popular or custom products
- Extra attention from contractors working on fewer jobs
- More flexible scheduling
- Speedier job completion
- Greater attention to detail
- Reduced pricing on appliances
Not only does winter remodeling afford you deals on certain appliances, but it can also help you avoid spring price increases we typically see for cabinets and related products.
Best Winter Remodeling Projects
While some remodeling projects, mainly ones related to the outdoors, may not be ideal for winter, this is a great time to focus on building out the inside of your home. Some winter home remodeling projects to consider include:
- Reface your kitchen cabinets. Your kitchen is the heart of your home and something as simple as updating your cabinets can refresh the look of the entire room. With cabinet refacing, you can make your cabinets look new once again—and because this project is minimally invasive, you won’t have to worry about getting out of the way for the contractors.
- Remodel your bathroom. With temperatures so low, there’s nothing as comforting as a warm bath. Treat yourself to a bathroom remodel so you can make the most of this space.
- Add task and accent lighting. When the weather gets colder outside, it tends to get darker as well. Give your home some natural light by adding light fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Update your kitchen appliances. As we mentioned above, many manufacturers offer discounts on appliances after the winter holidays—and this is a great way to update the look and feel of the room as a whole too!