Stone countertops are very popular today for both kitchens and bathrooms, and it’s easy to understand why—such surfaces add a natural elegance to any room. Quartz is a great option for your countertops.
About Quartz Countertops
Quartz is the hardest, non-gem material in nature. It is also one of the most abundant stone materials and is found in virtually every part of the world, from Mexico to Africa to Europe.
Quartz is a composite material that is formed when other stones, such as granite, cool. The mineral deposits left behind solidify over thousands of years and become quartz. Some of the stones you may know by other names, such as amethyst, onyx, and citrine, are actually variations of quartz.
Benefits of Using Quartz Countertops
Although they are generally less well-known than granite and marble, quartz countertops offer some distinct advantages besides their classy, well-designed look. Below are just a few reasons for choosing quartz.
- Require little maintenance. Quartz never needs sealing like many other stone countertops. In fact, quartz countertops are virtually maintenance-free!
- Are durable. Because it is so hard, quartz is nearly impossible to scratch or chip. Your quartz countertops will look like new for years and years to come.
- Are available in a rainbow of colors. Quartz countertops are available in a wide spectrum of colors, ranging from rose to a purple hue, from amber to black, from opaque white to a light yellow. Quartz countertops can be mostly one color or flecked with different hues.
- Are affordable. Because there is such a good supply of quartz, quartz countertops are generally less expensive than granite or other stone surfaces.
- Resist staining and scorching. Quartz countertops are nonporous, so they don’t stain when you spill a glass of red wine or let a dirty pan sit on the counter overnight. Also heat-resistant, quartz surfacing cannot be scorched or marred by hot pans.
- Are food-safe. Because it is hard and nearly nonporous, quartz won’t harbor bacteria or dangerous food particles like more porous surfaces can.
Need Quartz Countertops for Your Home in Delaware or Maryland?
With an indoor stone selection yard, our Newark showroom makes picking out countertops easy—and our remnant yard (located outside of the building) stocks hundreds of remnants perfect for countertops, bathroom vanity tops, desks, and more. Upon your request, we will give you a tour of the entire facility so that you may witness the entire countertop fabrication process from start to finish!
Our state-of-the-art showroom in Newark truly provides the convenience of “one-stop shopping” for all your remodeling needs—and access to our award-winning interior designers who can help you when you need it. When you visit, you’ll see why families in the Delaware, southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and the Maryland Eastern Shore areas have depended on us for their countertop installation needs since 1963!