The garage is an often-overlooked part of your home, a catch-all room for the items you don’t want to store in the living space. Unfortunately, this means the garage can easily become cluttered and disorganized. If you’re hoping to improve the usefulness of your garage, it may be time for a garage remodel from Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center.
We have experienced and certified designers on our team who can help you make the most of your garage. Whether you want to maximize storage space or transform your garage into a livable home addition, we can make your goals a reality.
To get your garage remodeling project started, schedule a consultation today!
Must-Haves in a Traditional Garage
Storage is the name of the game if you want to use your garage for its intended purpose. It’s critical to line the walls with storage solutions—and even utilize ceiling space—to make sure there’s room to park your car in the garage where it’s protected from the elements. Here are the storage solutions we can install in your garage to help you make the most of it:
- Shelving: This is the quintessential garage storage solution. Floor-to-ceiling shelves allow you to store boxes and bins more efficiently, making it easier to stay organized and find what you’re looking for when you need it. Store seasonal decorations, gardening equipment, tool boxes, and more on garage shelves.
- Garage cabinets: Closed doors on garage cabinets are beneficial for hiding stored items from view or offering them extra protection. Camping gear, suitcases, backpacks, jackets, sporting equipment, and food storage are good items to keep in garage cabinets.
- Built-in workbench: Even if you don’t have space to turn your entire garage into a studio, a built-in workbench provides a place to complete small projects. Include everything you need, from drawers and a pegboard for storage to a sink and pull-out trashcan for easy cleanup after completing a project.
- Wall storage systems: Small magnetic wall racks above the workbench keep your most-used tools easily accessible. Larger racks on your garage walls can hold brooms, snow shovels, skis, hockey sticks, and other long-handled tools. Heavy-duty hooks allow you to hang everything from bicycles to garden hoses, while hanging baskets let you organize cleaning supplies, outdoor play accessories, and more.
- Overhead garage storage: For lesser-used items, look to the empty space overhead. Ceiling-mounted racks can store boxes of memorabilia, spare tires, gas cans, and more to free up space closer to the floor for more commonly used items.
In addition to having plenty of storage, you want your garage to look and feel like part of your home, even if its primary purpose is to store your car. We can provide additional garage upgrades, such as epoxy flooring, high-end lighting, insulation, windows, and much more!
Non-Traditional Garage Remodeling Ideas
Perhaps you have an entirely different idea of how to utilize the garage. With the right approach, you can transform the utilitarian space into a home add-on for a fraction of the cost of building a new room onto your home. Some popular garage conversions include:
- Home gym
- Game room
- Home office
- Movie theater
- Spare bedroom
- Extra living room
Choose Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center for Garage Remodeling
No matter what you have in mind for your remodeled garage, Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center can make it happen! We’ve been helping homeowners in Delaware and the Abingdon, MD area love where they live since 1963.
Ready to get your garage remodeling project underway? Contact Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center to schedule your initial consultation today!