If you are considering updating or changing out your kitchen countertop, there are so many options out there that you may be having trouble deciding what style or product to go with.
Tile countertops are one choice that doesn’t always get a lot of respect, however a tile countertop can bring a lot to the table when it comes to your kitchen.
Why Go with a Tile Countertop?
Tile countertops are very versatile you go from creating an old world charm look to creating a sleek modern countertop. Here are some reasons you might want to consider tile for your next countertop project.
- Variety – There are two main choices of tiles when it comes to countertops.
- Stone Tiles – These are made from the same materials that you would find in a slab countertop, including marble and granite. However foregoing the slab for tiles can allow you to save a whole lot of money. Grout lines can be minimized to create a beautiful yet affordable countertop.
- Ceramic Tile – If you love ceramic tile backsplashes there is a good chance you will love ceramic tile countertops. Yes, the same type of tile can be used for a countertop. Glazed tile is the best choice for this type of project.
- Affordability – One of the best parts of a tile countertop is you can get a luxury look that is very affordable. Tile countertops give you the benefits of a strong durable countertop without the high price tag.
- Durability – Tile is very durable. It can resist heat and scratches from sharp knives. It can stand up to a beating and can easily be cleaned and protected so that your countertop lasts for years.
The one downside to tile countertops is cleaning and protecting the grout, however, this can be done with a little regular maintenance, making tile a great choice overall.
Tile Countertop Installation in Delaware
While a tile countertop could be a D.I.Y project if you are looking for style and durability it is recommended you have a professional complete the installation for you. The team at Bath, Kitchen & Tile are professional kitchen renovators, we create beautiful tile countertops all the time and know how to combine the right tile and grout to give you a strong countertop surface that will stand the test of time.
If you would like to know more about tile countertop installation or you would like a new countertop installed in your kitchen, contact the team of kitchen renovation experts today at Bath, Kitchen & Tile.