In colder climates, it seems that no matter how warm your home is, the bathroom floor is always uncomfortably cold. Stepping into the bathroom early in the morning or exiting the shower can be quite jarring. If you would like to make your bathroom more comfortable, no matter how cold it is outside, consider installing heated floors.
At Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, we have been providing quality remodeling services for our customers in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland since 1963. We now offer the installation of radiant heated bathroom floors, which can dramatically improve your comfort.
Contact our team today to learn more about heated bathroom floors—800-282-8656!
Introduction to Heated Bathroom Floors
Heated bathroom floors incorporate a heating system between the sub-floor and the finished floor, radiating the heat through the surface of the finished floor. This provides even heating throughout the bathroom as the heat rises and leaves the bathroom floors consistently warm to the touch.
There are two types of heated bathroom floors commonly installed today:
- Electric Radiant Heating: Electric heating systems use a series of wires or coils below the finished floor to generate heat through electrical resistance.
- Hydronic Radiant Heating: Hydronic systems incorporate a grid of pipes below the finished floor. These pipes are supplied with hot water from a boiler or water heater.
Hydronic heating systems are more complex to install, as they require more equipment. Electric systems are far easier to install, but they can be more expensive to operate, due to the high cost of electricity compared to the natural gas for a boiler.
The final part of a heated bathroom floor system is the floor itself. While materials such as vinyl or wood can be used, the best choice is tile flooring, because it not only radiates heat better, but it can also store it for a while when the heating system is off.
To learn more about how radiant floor systems work, talk to our team at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center today!
Why Radiant Heated Floors Are Perfect for Bathrooms
Heated floors work especially well in bathrooms because they are small spaces to heat. Bathrooms also tend to use tile, which works especially well with radiant heating.
With the moisture present naturally in bathrooms, and the large, often ceramic, fixtures, they tend to stay colder than the rest of the home. A heated bathroom floor system solves this problem, leaving your feet nice and warm.
Contact us to learn more about heated bathroom floors!
Benefits of Installing Heated Bathroom Floors in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania & Maryland
In addition to keeping your feet warm on a winter day, heated bathroom floors have other distinct benefits:
- Improved Comfort: By reducing heat loss through your feet, you feel warmer at a lower temperature, which can help save energy.
- Attractive Appearance: Since there are no ducts or radiators, the system is hidden, leaving nothing but an attractive floor.
- Quiet and Clean Operation: Unlike forced air, heated bathroom floors operate silently without spreading dust.
- Great Durability: Heated bathroom floors are strong and will work for many years with minimal maintenance.
To learn more about the benefits of heated bathroom floors or to start your remodeling project, contact our team today!
Call Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center for Heated Bathroom Floor Installations in DE, MD, PA & NJ
Heated bathroom floors are a valuable addition to any home, especially those in colder climates. At Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, we install heated floors as well as heated floors for other rooms. We also provide expert remodel services for bathrooms, kitchens and more! If you’d like to make installing heated floors a DIY project, we can even help you pick out the right tiles for the job.
Contact our team at 800-282-8656 to schedule a consultation!