Are you looking for ways to update your kitchen and add a touch of color to your space? You may want to consider adding a tile backsplash, a trend in kitchen design that’s been growing increasingly popular in 2013. Not only can a kitchen backsplash enhance your room design by creating visual interest, but it can complement any style and can be installed using a wide variety of materials—making it easy to customize.
Benefits of a Kitchen Backsplash
There are many benefits to having a kitchen backsplash in terms of its ability to improve aesthetics and the overall functionality of your kitchen. Kitchen backsplashes:
- Are easy to clean
- Add visual interest
- Can protect your walls from spills
- Are available in a broad range of materials and colors
- Allow you to get creative with designs and patterns
- And more!
Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
When you’re coming up with kitchen backsplash ideas for your home, there are various factors to take into account:
- Function. A kitchen tile backsplash can have both practical and stylistic purposes. It can protect the wall behind your stove and/or sink from water and cooking stains, while improving the overall décor of your kitchen.
- Size. You can choose to have your custom backsplash span the entire length of your kitchen walls or opt for a smaller backsplash contained within the stove or sink area. Consider the size of your walls, the size of your kitchen, and the size of surrounding kitchen features, like cabinets, that can influence the look of your backsplash.
- Material. Kitchen backsplash designs can be made using a variety of materials, from glass to porcelain to stainless steel and more. Decide if you want to use the same material as your countertops, extending the design, or if you have another idea.
- Style. You can get creative when designing your kitchen tile backsplash, adding a mural, mosaic, abstract design, or texture to your walls.
Kitchen Backsplash Materials
As mentioned above, there are many different materials you can choose for your kitchen backsplash design. Popular materials include:
- Ceramic tile
- Glass tile
- Beaded board
- Metal tile
- Subway tile
- And more!
If you have another unique kitchen backsplash idea of your own or need help coming up with ideas, just ask your kitchen remodeler, who will tell you if your design is feasible and provide suggestions accordingly.