If you are looking to remodel your kitchen or you are building a new home and are wondering what style of kitchen to build, the choices can be dizzying. With so many design style and choices, it can be hard to design a kitchen that suits your kitchen needs and your design needs. Many kitchen styles stem from 5 main popular kitchen styles, let’s look at what these styles are.
5 of the Most Popular Kitchen Styles
Here are the 5 most popular kitchen styles that many current styles stem from.
- Contemporary – The contemporary style kitchen is a minimalistic style. Clean horizontal lines, lack of ornamentation and asymmetry are a big part of this style. The materials used are stainless steel, glass, laminate, concrete, chrome and other clean looking materials.
- Country – The country styles is a welcoming cozy style. You will usually find painted cabinets, floral décor, and motives. Decorative molding and woven or metal baskets. This look has a handmade feel about it and can be filled with antiques.
- Rustic – A Pacific Northwest feel emanates from rustic kitchens. You will often find wood paneling, knotty pine and other types of heavier woods, leather, and warm rich paint tones. This look is almost a rich log cabin look.
- Mission – Mission or Craftsman style kitchens are kitchens that look like they were specifically carved out of a wood block. A lot of ornamentation is included and the style is very heavy on wood.
- Traditional – A more formal and elegant feel, traditional kitchens offer a European feel. Crown molding, rope molding, ornaments, and trip adorn traditional kitchens. Cabinets are usually designed in cherry, walnut, and mahogany and offer raised panels. Natural materials are a huge part of traditional kitchens.