With each New Year comes new fads in home design, and 2015 is looking to be no different. Real estate experts at Zillow have released their annual survey, predicting that the bright colored rooms and accent walls of 2014 will be fading away as homeowners seek new ways to spruce up their spaces.
The upcoming year will also bring numerous home design trends of its own:
- Gold hardware fixtures are bringing the bolder colors and finishes of the 90s back to homes all over Delaware and beyond. They are expected to replace the traditional silver you’re used to and are ideal in bathroom designs lacking visual interest.
- Wallpaper is replacing brightly painted walls and solid colored accent walls as the trendy way to bring color to a room design. As the trend grows, homeowners can also expect more choices in terms of color, pattern, and texture.
- Blue is becoming the accent color of choice in all types of home designs. Popular in a wide range of shades, but especially in indigo and navy, blue can be used to provide unique visual interest to any room.
- Mid-century modern home décor of the 70s is expected to make a comeback as one of the most popular styles of 2015. We recommend implementing only subtle elements of this style into your home so as not to overdo it, such as furniture in retro colors to replace the matching furniture you had last year.
- Cowhide, believe it or not, is expected be especially popular for those looking to achieve a modern home design. Zillow experts predict it will be used in rugs, blankets, and even as part of home artwork.