Is your shower feeling a little cramped or outdated? Would you like something that is more functional and appealing? Next to the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most important spaces in your home and, potentially, one of the best investments. A new, modern shower can change the character of your bathroom and increase its value, both in terms of your personal enjoyment and its effect on the long-term market value of your home.
Whether you have a smaller space or plenty of room, there are a variety of things you can do yourself—or with a bit of help—to create the shower of your dreams.
At Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, we can work with you to bring your shower to life—from supplying components that you need for the project, to helping throughout the process, all the way from design to completion. Contact us at 800-282-8656 for more information today!
Custom Shower Features
The entire design of your shower will depend on the features you would like to incorporate, such as multiple shower heads, shelving, seating, or lighting. Some of these features can easily be added yourself, while others may require assistance. Here are some features to consider for your shower design:
- Shelving: Intelligently-designed shelves create a convenient place to store soaps, shampoos, and other products where they are easily-accessible. Simple shelves can be added yourself, or they can be built in during the construction process.
- Seating: A bench creates relaxing place to enjoy a long, decadent shower, and it adds accessibility to any design. A simple bench can be added yourself, or one can be built during the construction process.
- Rain Shower Head: With a large dispersion pattern that is soft and relaxing, rain shower heads are extremely popular. This is an easy addition to many bathroom designs, though for the best effect, additional plumbing may be needed for overhead placement.
- Multiple Shower Heads: Multiple shower heads spraying from numerous angles can create a luxurious shower experience. Simple systems can be added yourself while many require additional plumbing.
- Recessed Niches: Built into the shower wall, these cubby-holes and shelves can provide additional storage for soaps, shampoos, and other items.
- Lighting: If your shower lacks natural light, overhead lighting combined with glossy glass or ceramic tile can make the space more inviting.
There are plenty of other ways to make your shower design stand out, from using unique tile patterns, to mixing and matching different tiles, or adding features like windows, glass surrounds or half-walls.
For more design ideas, talk to our team at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center today!
Call Bath, Kitchen & Tile Center for Help with Your Shower Design in DE, MD, PA & NJ
At Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center, we have been designing and installing custom showers for over 50 years. We have the experience necessary to help you through every step of the process—call us at 800-282-8656!