If you are looking for an easy way to instantly increase the value of your home, then adding a kitchen backsplash is a great idea! A backsplash will not only add charter and charm to your home, it increases the value of your biggest home asset—the kitchen! The good news is that tile doesn’t have to be expensive. You can always work with your local remodeling company to find the best deals and designs on the market.
If you are looking for a quick and easy upgrade that you will enjoy every time you use your kitchen, then a backsplash is the way to go. Whether you are adding a backsplash for the first time or replacing an outdated one, the process will be made simple and stress free by the professionals at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center who remodel homes throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey.
The Benefits of Adding a Kitchen Backsplash
A Backsplash Is Aesthetically Pleasing
A backsplash makes for a very attractive centerpiece in your kitchen. You would be surprised at what an amazing update a simple backsplash can provide to an outdated space!
A Backsplash is Functional
So other than being an attractive work of art in your kitchen, how can you benefit from adding a backsplash to your home? The answer is in the name “backsplash!” This material helps the walls from getting dirty and provides an easy to clean surface. This means that when dark sauces splatter, you no longer have to worry about stains on your kitchen walls.
How Much Will a Backsplash Cost You?
The cost of your tile backsplash will ultimately depend on the material you choose and the amount of wall you would like to cover. To give you a better idea, here are the most recent averages that homeowners spent on their kitchen backsplash upgrade:
- For 20 square feet of tile, you can expect to pay between $600 and $730
- For 30 square feet of tile, you can expect to pay between $800 and $1,000
- For 40 square feet of tile, you can expect to pay $1,000 or above
Upgrading your kitchen is one of the most valuable assets when it comes to increasing the value of your home! Stop by one of the Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center showrooms today to begin working with one of our experienced designers on your backsplash.
Tips for Choosing Your Kitchen Backsplash
With so many different color and design options out there, settling on the perfect backsplash can be a difficult decision. To help make this selection process a breeze, we’ve put together some tips to help you create the perfect backsplash in your kitchen while increasing the overall value of your home.
- If your plans allow, always use dark grout. These darker colors will do a better job at hiding water stains and will hold up better over time. As you can imagine, food splatter is not very appealing when it stains light colored grout.
- If you are adding a backsplash strictly for the purpose of resale value, be sure to pick a neutral colored tile and a simple design. Prospective homebuyers will have a wide array of personal styles and it would be impossible to accommodate each of them. Picking a neutral backsplash is a great way to upgrade your kitchen and increase your home’s resale value at the same time.
- Create a focal point with more intricate tile above your cooking areas. Your stove is a great spot to create a design around. If you are going to splurge on a detailed design in just one spot in the kitchen, have it be above your stove! If you don’t have the budget for a detailed tile design, explore the option of using a different colored tile in a certain area to create a similar feel.
- For a more elegant look, change the orientation of your tiles! For a more modern look, run your tiles vertically. If you would like your backsplash to be a distinguished focal point in the room, try laying the tiles on a diagonal.
- Use a professional service! There are professional kitchen remodeling companies out there because it’s what they do best. Take advantage of the assistance they can provide you with and the process is sure to be a smooth one for you! Are you adding a backsplash to your Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Maryland home? If so, you can rely on the team of home remodel experts at Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center to get the job done right. Call us today at 800-282-8656 or stop in to one of our four showroom locations.