Custom kitchen islands are becoming more and more popular for homeowners today. And with good reason! Not only can a kitchen island transform the look and feel of the room, but it can also help you improve functionality and make the most of your space. What’s more, you have a lot of options to choose from in terms of materials, styles, and colors, making it easy to customize this area.
Benefits of Having a Custom Kitchen Island
Knowing the benefits of having a custom kitchen island can help you make a decision if you’re comparing it with the standard kitchen model. A kitchen island:
- Can increase storage space.
- Creates extra seating and dining space.
- Adds space for preparation and cooking.
- Is versatile and can be used for multiple functions.
- Is easy to customize in terms of materials.
If you opt to update your kitchen with an island, you’ll be able to choose from a multitude of different features and materials to suit your needs. Whether you want to install an additional sink, create a grilling space, add cabinets, or increase countertop space, you can do so with a custom kitchen island. The options are endless!
Kitchen Island Ideas
With so many options to choose from, you may need some inspiration. Luckily, it’s easy to get creative with a kitchen island design.
Here are some kitchen island ideas that can help you get started on your remodeling project:
- Use your kitchen island as a bar area. This creates flow within your kitchen design, while adding a place to entertain and serve guests.
- Choose a circular design. With a circular kitchen island, you can direct traffic around the kitchen and it’s child-friendly with no sharp edges.
- Add refrigerator drawers. Use refrigerator drawers to create a wine rack or store food.
- Use contrasting colors. Bright colors can be used to highlight your kitchen island.
- Build your kitchen island with a decorative cut-out. A decorative cut-out can add a sense of style to the room.
- Use stainless steel. This can create a sleek, modern look.
- Install a moveable island. This can make your kitchen island more versatile and is great for small kitchens.
If you have other kitchen island ideas of your own, you can always discuss them with your remodeler, who can tell you if your ideas are feasible and provide suggestions that will enhance the design. Or, if you’re looking for another idea all together, your remodeler should be able to help with that too.